Work is due to start on tennis courts 1-3 on 17th April and will last around 4 weeks, but is weather dependent. During this time there will be a bit more strain on court space, but we hope that everyone will be flexible. the result will be 3 new porous acrylic courts which will be great courts for years to come.
Friday Morning Mix In
From this Friday 31st, there will be a mix in on Friday mornings. Everyone is welcome from beginners to advanced players. Head Coach, Karl Stowell will be there to organize, mix in and offer help to beginner players.
Hope to see you there. 9.30am onwards…..
Guest / Visitors Fees
Please could all members ensure that they pay guest fees whenever playing tennis with a non-member. This includes family members with other types of membership, e.g. social membership. Here is what you need to know about guest fees….
- Any tennis member playing tennis with anyone who is not a tennis member should pay a guest fee
- Guest fees are £5 for adults, £3 for 11-18 year olds and £2 for under 10s
- Please pay your guest fees at the bar (if open) or with Club Manager, Karl Stowell
- Parents of 10 &under tennis members can play with their children as part of that membership – no need to pay a guest fee
- Parents of 11+ members should pay the guest fee or take up a Parent Membership (coming soon)
- Anyone accompanying a playing member, e.g. friends coming to watch, parents of children playing / coaching can enjoy full use of the clubhouse / bar / changing rooms with no guest fee required.
Easter Tennis Camps for 3-14 year olds
As with all school holidays and half terms, there will be tennis camps this Easter holidays for 3-14 year olds where they will have fun, learn the game, be active and make friends. You can find full info and book at this page, but in a nutshell here are the details:
- Week 1, Monday 3rd to Friday 7th April
- Week 2, Monday 10th to Thursday 13th April
Choose as few or many days as you like
- Sessions are 9.30-12.30 for 5-14 year olds, 9.30-10.30 for 3-4 year olds
- Sessions cost £18 for members, £20 for non-members, £7.50 for 3-4 year olds
Book here or by contacting Karl Stowell by email, phone or text on 07976 547239 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Private tennis lessons are available from a great range of coaches, with a variety of rates, availability, experience and expertise.
The best way to find out about the coaches is at the tennis coaching section of this website here and go to ‘coaches’.
Aegon team matches start this Sunday
As well as being a great club for social tennis and junior tennis, STSC has some of the highest standard of club tennis in the country, national team champions twice and runner up several times.
We have mens’ and ladies teams in divisions ranging from national to county level, and the mens national team features current and former world ranked players.
More details to follow but here is an idea of some upcoming matches:
2nd April – 12pm National mens’ v Billericay. Potential players – Alexis Canter, Ryan Storrie, Jack Carpenter, Andy Bettles, Jamie Whiteford, Emile Hudd.
- Regional mens’ v Cumberland
- County mens’ v St George’s
One match in the morning and one in the afternoon (to be confirmed)
Come along, support the teams, watch some world class tennis and play some tennis of your own
Food at the club
You can now visit www.stscsport.co.uk/food any time for up-to-date info about food available at the club – availability, menus etc. You’ll see that there is food available Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday this week.
You may know that the club is in the process of looking for a caterer and this process is moving forward with some exciting options being explored. Julia, Becky, Sam and others have been doing a great job of providing food in the interim, although it is on limited days.
In the near future, we look forward to providing great food on most evenings but also extending to some afternoons, mornings and events.
As you’ll see from this post we’ve been moving membership to a new system. The post gives further details about why we are doing it and the benefits.
The process is working great in many cases, but there are also some inevitable glitches with moving so much information over to a new system. Please note that although this system automates lots of the process, anything can still be done manually from our end. So if there is any error with your membership, if you don’t get a renewal when you should or any other issue with your membership, please contact Club Manager, Karl Stowell on manager@stscsport / 07976 547239 / 020 8643 2940 and he will be happy to help.
You can now pay in monthly instalments for any of the more expensive memberships. Again, please contact Karl for any help.