Junior singles box leagues at stsc
sign up now for the next round!
Fun, competitive and social matches for juniors
- All levels welcome, our junior leagues are a great way to start playing competitive tennis!
- Leagues are split into age groups; U8s (reds) U9s (oranges) u10s (greens) u11s (yellows, 10 – 11 years) & U16s (yellows, 10 – 16 years old).
- You will arrange all your own matches and everything is organised through the LTA competitions page, details below…
- Prizes for the players
- Leagues are for junior club members, become a member today
How It Works
- There will be three rounds per year, one round per school term.
- Each round, your junior will have other players of the same age to play against.
- You decide between yourselves when to play the match, so you can play whenever it suits you.
How to Join
- Go to the LTA competitions page, choose log in at the top right.
If you do not have an LTA log in, you’ll need to create one. View this page with information you need.
- Choose ‘Box Leagues’ from the menu
- Search ‘Sutton Tennis & Squash Club’
- Enter the league(s) – you can enter more than one league, your child is able to play one age range up if you wanted.
- When the round starts, you’ll receive an email and a notification with further instructions.
Both players/parents should attempt to make contact to organise the match.
- The scoring formats are:
U8 Reds | best of three match tiebreaks to 10
U9 Oranges | best of three match tiebreaks to 10
U10 Greens | best of three FAST4 sets with a match tiebreak at 1 set all
U11 & U16 Yellows | best of three FAST4 sets with a match tiebreak at 1 set all
Parents will be needed to help set up red and orange tennis courts – training will be provided by the coaching team.
Balls and equipment, i.e. Red, orange and green balls, mini tennis nets, plus lines for an orange court can be provided by the coaching team.
Court set up for Red and Orange – Parent’s, they’ll need your help!
- Red and orange tennis courts will need to be set up so the children can play. You can use our equipment at STSC to play your matches, get in touch with Liam at least 24 hours before a match to arrange.